When Tears of Denial is in effect, it will make the player ignore a single killing blow, leaving them at 1 HP.
- Tears of Denial only expires when reaching 0 HP, which means they can rest at bonfires and even remove the miracle, freeing up two attunement slots while still being under its effects.
- However, the miracle will be removed if the player goes through a load screen, such as by using a Homeward Bone, exiting the game, or entering another player's world through summoning or invasion.
- Tears of Denial will also prevent death by Curse. However, curse build-up will not be cured, meaning that this effect has no practical application against Basilisks and Clawed Curses.
- Tears of Denial can be easily countered in PvP by equiping any piece of the Set of Thorns and rolling into the opponent after Denial has taken effect.
- Weapons and spells that hit rapidly or damage over time can render the spell null in PvP, as it only activates once and any damage afterwards will kill the player.