The Catacombs is an underground area filled with Skeletons, Necromancers and Wisps. Necromancers, a non-respawning enemy, hide in the shadows of many areas and will continue to resurrect nearby Skeletons until they draw their last breath. Alternatively, using a Divine weapon will prevent Skeletons from reanimating without the need to first dispatch the Necromancers.
There are two bonfires.
- The first is found early on upon entering the area, left of the pillars and two Skeleton Swordsmen, guarded by a Necromancer.
- A second one is behind an illusory wall next to the ladder to the second switch mechanism for a bridge. It can be seen through a crack in the wall next to the first bridge switch.
- Patches - Found at the switch next to the second bonfire. Has a mini-event associated with him here (click his link for more information). Only appears prior to giving Andre of Astora the Divine Ember.
- Vamos (Merchant and Blacksmith) - He can be found after falling to his location from above. He will open a shortcut to the valley of Bonewheel Skeletons.
- Paladin Leeroy (White Phantom) - His sign is found on a ledge close to the boss room; it can only be reached by falling from above.
- Tranquil Walk of Peace (Corpse)
- Darkmoon Seance Ring (Corpse)
- Demon Titanite (Titanite Demon - Drop)
- Green Titanite Shard (Corpse)
- White Titanite Chunk (Black Knight - Drop)