The Great Hollow is in the center of a giant tree, the entrance of which is located in the poison swamp at the bottom of Blighttown. There are two Illusory Walls that lie along the way. At the very bottom of the tree is the entrance to Ash Lake.
The Great Hollow is notable for the relatively large amount of Crystal Lizards, many of which spawn in close proximity to one another.
- Utilizing the sorcery spell Fall Control can make obtaining all of the items in the area a bit easier.
- It is possible to speed through to the bottom by making a series of short drops rather than circling around on the walkways.
- Waiting until the Lordvessel is obtained can make the journey back up through the tree significantly easier.
- It is possible to see the exterior of The Great Hollow from Firelink Shrine.
- It is very similar to the Archtrees featured in the opening cinematic and in Ash Lake.