Wikia

Dark Souls Wiki

pricsilla

  • Speculations ~ VaatiVidya does short and not too detailed lore type of things, like seath and gwynevere being pricsilla's parents. plus... UNMASKED PEEPS! [[1]]

      Loading editor
    • given how seath is scaleless and priscilla has, well, scales, I doubt this. Perhaps scalelessness is recessive?

        Loading editor
    • uuuh....she looked more fuzzy than scaly. plus bluish like crystal seath

        Loading editor
    • Look closely. There are scales on her neck.

        Loading editor
    • and she is far more pale white than blue.

        Loading editor
    • i mean her tails blue. and on her trophy cant rlly tell if its scales or a necklace. and she has some horns on her head o.o

        Loading editor
    • it only looks blue because of the bluish background. The Lifehunt Scythe's description calls her "stark-white".

        Loading editor
    • oh i see. but seath also had pink and white colous before crystalisation

        Loading editor
    • I hear ya talkin'bout Priscilla?

      I think those things are not passed genetically, you guys think we should see those theories based on real albinos?

      I do think that Priscilla is the daughter of Seath, but who knows?

      Now I wonder, she do have a few scales on her neck, Horn-like things in place of her eyebrows, but her tail is also fuzzy... Why?

        Loading editor
    • if she weren't fuzzy, she wouldn't be so snugly cute.

        Loading editor
    • Grrrr, she's mine!

        Loading editor
    • I gues genetics shouldn't be a major part of this discussion considering how the hypothesis is that "if a god and a dragon have intercourse, they produce a furry god".

        Loading editor
    • Brainwasher5 wrote: "if a god and a dragon have intercourse, they produce a furry god".

      xD

        Loading editor
    • ice drgon's have fur like scales to keep them warm and to glide across snow

        Loading editor
    • I personally believe she is only a maiden of Gwynevere experimented on by Seath, the supposed fact of her parents being them two is minimal in my opinion.

        Loading editor
    • I agree with Ducky. I reckon she was a maiden who was experimented on by Seath in his desperate search for immortaility. The experiment went wrong and she was cast out of Anor Londo ( likely imprisoned in the Undead Asylum as the doll is found there).  My opinion is that the Painted World was created by Ariamis to contain these failed experiments ( the crow demons and engorged zombies are also failed creations) and the lonely Priscilla was drawn into the realm.

        Loading editor
    • might also add that the painted world has a good chance of being there to contain things the gods feared: the dried finger (which increases the rate at which darkwraiths invade), the dark ember, velka's servants, Prscilla herself (her dagger has occult qualities), so on.

        Loading editor
    • I don't remember where, but I heard from Priscilla maybe? I don't know but I know that I heard somewhere that Ariamis created the Painted World (weirdly) as a 'sanctuary'. I truly have no idea if its true...

        Loading editor
    • She also calls the inhabitants "kind".


      Yes, Priscilla, those spear-wielding bags of flesh are the very definition of kindness.

        Loading editor
    • i heard that if u kill them with fire, they wont intoxicate u

        Loading editor
    • fire weapons also work, i have been toxified when backstabbing with a fire weapon though

        Loading editor
    • I actually meant the Phalanx wanna-bes, but those guys are annoying as well. I just used a spear and rolled back when they lost their last bit of HP.

        Loading editor
    • if you have it toxic mist or poison mist work well if you can hit them all before they spread out

        Loading editor
    • Pricsilla is so Kawaii

        Loading editor
    • 100000% speculation About Priscilla I think that seath is her daughter . But why she have a furr you may ask ? It's because she's a young dragon and we can see that from the tail of the everlasting dragon in ash lake and its description when you cut it . But why did he want a daugther , I think that seath seeks control and Priscilla was his secret wepeon .that why he added the life haunting ability that the gods fear . Finally I think seath went mad because they took Priscilla away from him.

        Loading editor
    • I meant her father*

        Loading editor
    • Priscilla was probably an expirement. Seathe seems pretty fond of those. As for why he went insane, that was probably a result of his quest for immprtality.

        Loading editor
    • I think she was seath and gwyndolins daughter banished to the painted world and given a chastity belt to keep her from reproducing and creating dragon children.

        Loading editor
    • No no, the Painted World *was* the chastity belt to keep fuzzy one-quarter dragon babies out of the world.

        Loading editor
    • Ok.

        Loading editor
    • She has a tail so fluffy, that no mortal can resist petting itEpicNameBro :P

      Maxwell, um... Gwyndolin's and Seath's daugher? Well um... Althought poor Gwyndie was raised as a girl... I don't know if he would, well... u know... 

        Loading editor
    • @The Ducky: Except isn't VaatiVidya is the one who made that video...?

        Loading editor
    • oh damn yeah, i confuse them a lot...

      sry, yeah it was him, my bad, sry ....

        Loading editor
    • please don't hate me.... :{

        Loading editor
    • This is how I think it is.

      Priscilla is the daughter of Seath, who (for whatever reason) reproduced with a god.

      Seath's albino gene was the reason that he didn't grow any scales. This gene did NOT pass down to Priscilla and thus she develops both scales and fur.

      The combination of god and dragon was the reason that she developed her lifehunt ability that caused her to be bansihed from Anor Londo.

      I think she also is the creator of sorcery. Seath is the grandfather of sorcery. And Priscilla is the only dragon that we know of that uses sorcery (her "fairy dust") and she may, for some reason, have shared this knowledge with X amount of humans, just like how Quelana did with pyromancy.

      All of it is speculation, of course.

        Loading editor
    • Maxwell, Gwyndolin is a male...

        Loading editor
    • If I had a nickel every time someone had to clarify that...

        Loading editor
    • Lol

        Loading editor
    • Considering her Lifehunt ability, I'm inclined to speculate her god-parent may have been Velka. If that were the case, Priscilla would have been useful in metting out punishment to gods when Velka judges them sinners.

      Alternately, her Lifehunt ability may not have anything to do with her genes. From the description of the Peculiar Doll we know that she was already unhappy before going to the Painted World of Ariamis, so it's possible that she developed the Lifehunt ability in order to punish the gods who treated her so poorly. Following that logic, compare the Lifehunt Scythe which reads "Even the Gods feared Priscilla's lifehunt ability," and the Dark Ember reads, "Occult weapons were used to hunt the gods," and it stands to reason she was involved in the "ill-fated plot to destroy the gods."

        Loading editor
    • Gynevere not Gwyndolin.

        Loading editor
    • Jarc's speculation is the first speculation about dark souls that I've found interesting and credible in months.

        Loading editor
    • What happened to being allergic to speculation?

        Loading editor
    • Maybe they sell pills for that allergy.

        Loading editor
    • Balagog, I get frustrated at MOST speculation because it consists of people pulling completely unfounded ideas out of their ass, but jarc's actually had thought and material from the game.

        Loading editor
    • Brainwasher5 wrote:
      Balagog, I get frustrated at MOST speculation because it consists of people pulling completely unfounded ideas out of their ass, but jarc's actually had thought and material from the game.

      Wise being wise...

        Loading editor
    • Hey I noticed something the other day. Priscilla turns invisible and do you know what turns other players invisible? Hidden Body, a spell from Dusk. And do you know who else turns things invisible? Seath, remember the invisable walkways in the crystal caves?

        Loading editor
    • 184.39.164.234 wrote:
      Hey I noticed something the other day that priscilla turns invisable and do you know what turns other players invisable Hidden body a spell from Dusk and do you know who else turns things invisable Seath, rember the invisable walkways in the crystal caves

      Are you implying that someone or something from the Oolacile is related to Priscilla and/or Seath?

        Loading editor
    • Im just stateing the facts.

        Loading editor
    • Well we know that seath is the grand father of magic and Oolacile is a land where there are many spell created there so maybe seath or someone founded a school or something like Vinhiem. or something or maybe dusk is priscillas mom, also  Oolacile is invaded by the abyss like New Londo where the darkwraiths with there life hunt ablity simalar to priscillas life hunt ablity wich by the way lead to priscilla to be forced into the paint world

        Loading editor
    • 184.39.164.234 wrote: maybe dusk is priscillas mom

      that must have been a very painful birth... and conception.

        Loading editor
    • Yep

        Loading editor
    • 184.39.164.234 wrote:
      Hey I noticed something the other day. Priscilla turns invisible and do you know what turns other players invisible? Hidden Body, a spell from Dusk. And do you know who else turns things invisible? Seath, remember the invisable walkways in the crystal caves?


      The original post of this made me so sick to my stomach that I was forced to edit its grammar. Where did you learn English?

        Loading editor
    • Hey I was in a rush man, I had no time to spell check and such.

        Loading editor
    • 184.39.164.234 wrote:
      Hey I noticed something the other day. Priscilla turns invisible and do you know what turns other players invisible? Hidden Body, a spell from Dusk. And do you know who else turns things invisible? Seath, remember the invisable walkways in the crystal caves?

      First, I'd like to commend the fact that you connected some dots which I hadn't even noticed. Coincidences are often clues to mysteries we didn't know exist.

      While I don't immediately discard the notion that there is a connection, I find it highly unlikely that Seath and Dusk (or another human from Oolacile) conceived Priscilla. Given her stature and unique soul, it's more likely that her non-dragon parent was in the Lord and/or God family. Also regarding Priscilla, she wasn't forced into the Painted World, she went there on her own. She might have been imprisoned in the northern undead asylum, though, since that's where you find her doll.

      The spell Hidden Body specifically states true invisibility is impossible through that method; Priscilla is the only NPC who fully demonstrates the power of invisibility.

      Now, the crystal walkways do appear to be invisible, although we don't know what kind of crystals are in the Crystal Cave; they may have an exotic, yet natural, method of bending light. Or it could be an effect of the Primordial Crystal. Nothing solid to prove or disprove any theories though.

      However, now that the connection has been proposed, I find it likely that when Priscilla uses her Fairy Dust ability she may simply be using ground up crystals from the Crystal Cave, coating her body with a substance that bends light around her.

        Loading editor
    • I agree, it is an interesting theory to think about. And to give a specific reason why Dusk is likely not Priscilla's mother, is because Priscilla IS a giant, which by start could give her slight connection to Anor Londo, which could be a clue where the idea of Gwynevere being her mother came from. Thus, I also think it is unlikely as if Seath is the father and Dusk the mother... the idea of when they had.... intercourse... gives me weird chills.

        Loading editor
    • The Ducky wrote: the idea of when they had.... intercourse... gives me weird chills.

      So Seath doing it with Gwyndolin Gwynevere doesn't?

        Loading editor
    • You mean Gwynevere?

        Loading editor
    • Is Priscilla Gwyn's Firstborn Son ?

        Loading editor
    • The firstborn son is not in-game

        Loading editor
    • 187.4.152.92 wrote:
      Is Priscilla Gwyn's Firstborn Son ?


      Two words: Dat. Logic.

        Loading editor
    • Four words: Invisable Cross Bread Priscella

        Loading editor
    • What makes you think Priscella couldn't be Gwyn's son Matsczon? After all, the guy DID raise his youngest son as a daughter. Who's to say their not all sons? Gwyn's not exactly a role-model amongst parents after all.

        Loading editor
    • The firstborn is not in-game (FACT), so tasty cross bread can't be the firstborn.

        Loading editor
    • Something's been bothering me for a long time. Where is this evidence that says From Software confirmed he wasn't in the game? I'm not saying you're wrong, or denying its existence, but for all the time I've been playing the game, or reading other people's forums on the game, I have seen this statement over and over and never once actually seen an article or an interview source on it. Does anyone have a link to it? Or are we all just saying what we heard from other people?

        Loading editor
    • Interviews, that's all we got. I think it was related to the same interview about the pendant, I might be mistaken.

        Loading editor
    • All I can find on the matter is that Andre was originally intended to be the firstborn, but that the idea was scrapped during development.

        Loading editor
    • I got a nice clue for you... Apparently, by a video made by HellkiteDrake, here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_1c_aUIQU0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUceLELb3QoSy5N9R4gDpVvQ

      There was a talisman, called Gwynevere's Talisman, which was cut from the game before Dark Souls was released. 

      The interesting thing about the talisman is that it is actually a dragon scale, by its looks, and it is also classed as a 'Dragon Talisman'. As mentioned in the video, indeed, it has no moveset (except the one of the longsword) description or stats.

      Could it really be a connection to Seath and Priscilla...?

        Loading editor
    • It would've been interesting to see an item description of that item. Although, it's difficult to believe that a Dragon Talisman could exist, especially if it came from Seath, the Grandfather of Sorcery. Dragons seem to be more closely associated with Sorcery than Miracles when considering things like Seath, or how the Sunlight Spear was used against dragons, or how Havel despised both Sorcery and Seath, and how the Sorcery schools in Vinheim are known as "Dragon Schools".

      Also, if the girl who was drawn into the painted world after clutching the Peculiar Doll was Pricsilla, why is it in the Undead Asylum? I doubt they would send her there since it doesn't seem to have the security needed to hold a god/dragon hybrid and that she is clearly not undead.

        Loading editor
    • @Ducky The talisman was probably meant for the Path of the Dragon. It's not hard to imagine that the Dragon Stones could've been miracles.

        Loading editor
    • Doesn't explain why it was called Gywnevere's Talisman then. Besides, Miracles don't augment the body. That was always Sorcery's thing.

        Loading editor
    •    It is not an opinion that it is a 'Dragon Talisman' but a fact, as it is a cut item from the game that was confirmed by HellkiteDrake as having the Item Type: Dragon Talisman.

        Loading editor
    • Dark Jeto wrote:
      Miracles don't augment the body. That was always Sorcery's thing.

      Replenishment, (Great) Magic Barrier, Tranquil Walk of Peace, Karmic Justice and Vow of Silence are all personal buff miracles.

      Flash Sweat, Power Within and Iron Flesh are personal buff pyromancies.

      Hidden Body, Chameleon, Cast Light, Fall Control and Hush are the sorceries.

      None of the sorceries are used to affect direct combat. They're either for stealth or mobility while most, if not all, Miracles and Pyromancies are used in direct combat. Either for increased offensive or defensive capabilities.

        Loading editor
    • Healing isn't augmentation, Barriers coat the body in a barrier (not alter the body itself), Karmic Justice doesn't change the caster it just produces a shockwave after sustained damage, and the last two affect the area around, not the caster itself. These are different from augmentation in that they don't physically alter the user as the pyromancies and sorceries do. That they can actually change the body's form or functions means that the Dragon Stones are more in line with them than Miracles, which, while can heal and protect, do not actually change anything about the caster or target physically. Perhaps I should have used a different word than "augment" but I was taking it from weapon augmentation that actually adds new effects and abilities to them.

        Loading editor
    • Dark Jeto wrote:
      Healing isn't augmentation, Barriers coat the body in a barrier (not alter the body itself), Karmic Justice doesn't change the caster it just produces a shockwave after sustained damage, and the last two affect the area around, not the caster itself. These are different from augmentation in that they don't physically alter the user as the pyromancies and sorceries do. That they can actually change the body's form or functions means that the Dragon Stones are more in line with them than Miracles, which, while can heal and protect, do not actually change anything about the caster or target physically. Perhaps I should have used a different word than "augment" but I was taking it from weapon augmentation that actually adds new effects and abilities to them.

      I get the thing about healing, but there is no difference between using magic to remove fall damage and using magic to nullify magic damage.

      Both Sorcery and Miracles both use magic to enhance the caster's abilities in some way.

      Pyromancy uses sweat, some kind of hardening and something similar to adrenaline to enhance the caster's abilities. So Pyromancy is the only physical magic. Even if they use magic to initiate these effects.

        Loading editor
    • I disagree. Miracles are not the same as magic. Great Magic Barrier specifically states that Havel hated magic, which is why he created the miracle. Not Sorcery. Magic.

        Loading editor
    • You just contradicted yourself. You said that sorcery is physical and now you call it magic.

      "These are different from augmentation in that they don't physically alter the user as the pyromancies and sorceries" "Physically" and "sorceries" are keywords here.

      "Miracles are not the same as magic." Magic must refer to sorcery.

        Loading editor
    • No, Sorceries can alter physical form via magic. I would assume that whenever Magic Damage is referenced, it means a form of energy or force that is not the same as a physical attack. Miracles do not alter the physical construct of a body, but they can affect it. Sorceries and Pyromancies can alter the body and its functions in and of itself. Why would a Miracle exist that could change you into a dragon when Miracles are tales of the Gods?

        Loading editor
    • I just realised that we are slightly getting off the Lore discussion and discussing the uses and attributes of Pyromancy, Magic and Miracles...

        Loading editor
    • I don't think the Dragon Talisman would really suggest anything between Gwynevere and Seath. Seath is scaleless, afterall. It wouldn't make senes if it really was just a dragon scale.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, indeed. I never supported the idea of her and Seath having an affair either way, I just found the talisman an interesting idea.

        Loading editor
    • When considering Priscilla's parents, most seem to only put forth the Seathe and Gwynevere idea. How about Gwyn having an affair with a female dragon? They are both far fetched, but I thought I would throw out an alternate theory.

      Priscilla being the direct offspring of Gwyn would sort of explain why she was kept around but locked away as the unwanted illegitimate bastard child, even though she possessed the Lifehunt ability. Why Gwyn would mate with a dragon (sworn enemies and such), I have no idea.

      On a mostly unrelated note, is there any mention at all as to who the mother of Gwyn's known children might be?

        Loading editor
    • @Daifu Unless my memory is failing me, no. They (the children) could even be from different mothers as far as we know.

        Loading editor
    • Well the thing about Gwyn being the father, is that we're not introduced to any dragons that are specifically listed as female. We know that Seath exists and that his presence is known about and tolerated. I also believe that Seath would have the most to gain from a half-dragon child, assuming scalelessness is not hereditary, considering his research into immortality.

      Matsczon wrote:
      @Daifu Unless my memory is failing me, no. They (the children) could even be from different mothers as far as we know.
      This could explain differences in size between Gwynevere and Gwyndolin. Gwynevere could have a giantess mother while Gwyndolin may not.
        Loading editor
    • I would say that the possibility of Gwyn mating with a dragon for Priscilla is quite low. a Main reason being is, yes, them being sworn enemies, but Gwyn, the Witch of Izalith and Gravelord Nito sought the dragons still ,after their high majority have been killed, to wipe them out, exactly for the reasons of dragons perhaps mating. 

      Thus, I doubt that Gwyn would want a half-dragon child, even less mating with one, if I am pretty sure that he and the other lords despise dragons in all forms. Except, of course, Seath the Scaleless.

        Loading editor
    • I agree that the possibility is very low, but he could have mated before or during the actual war (devil's advocate here).

      To the second point, that could also be a reason for why he hid her away in the painted world and had guards protect it for generations.

        Loading editor
    • I doubt that Seath can actually mate with something LOL

        Loading editor
    • However, true enough that during the boss fight when u fight Seath, you can see that he doesnt have anything below the waist, his waist is actually just a large clump of crystal/ice.

        Loading editor
    • The Ducky wrote:
      However, true enough that during the boss fight when u fight Seath, you can see that he doesnt have anything below the waist, his waist is actually just a large clump of crystal/ice.

      Don't want to put this image in anyone's head, but I kind of have to or people may not consider it. Maybe it's retractable.

        Loading editor
    • Why hasn't anyone thought that he might have been born without the crystals? No other dragon appears to have, or even use, crystals (except for the Primordial Crystal)

        Loading editor
    • I just checked... even in the prologue, Seath has nothing below his waist, which as mentioned before is a large clump of crystal.

        Loading editor
    • We don't know when most of the scenes in the prologue takes place. And we also don't know when Priscilla was born, it could be 20 or 2000 years before DaS takes place.

        Loading editor
    • We roughly know that the prologue takes place thousands and thousands of years ago, if not much much more, at the beginning of time. And I just wanted to pointed it out that Seath does not have alegs of anything below the waist neither in the prologue, which was a very long time ago, neither in the present in DaS.

        Loading editor
    • Well, after all it-s an in/game model. I don-t think they would go as far as give the creatures genitalia...

        Loading editor
    • Still, as mentioned, both during the boss fight AND prologue he has nothing below the crystal waist.

        Loading editor
    • Dark Jeto wrote:
      The Ducky wrote:
      However, true enough that during the boss fight when u fight Seath, you can see that he doesnt have anything below the waist, his waist is actually just a large clump of crystal/ice.
      Don't want to put this image in anyone's head, but I kind of have to or people may not consider it. Maybe it's retractable.

      Certainly possible given that many animals have retractable genitalia, don't see why dragons can't have it either.

        Loading editor
    • 67.132.117.2 wrote:
      ice drgon's have fur like scales to keep them warm and to glide across snow

      Seath isn't an ice dragon though, he uses the power of crystals. Also, that kind of statement just doesn't feel quite right for something like Dark Souls since elements don't seem to be that simplified, there aren't clear 'lightning dragons' or 'fire dragons' even though there are examples of both kinds, so I'm shooting myself in the foot in a way. :P My point, though, is that the creatures in the game aren't defined by the element that they use.

        Loading editor
    • Ok, to tell the truth most games do not bother to give us over realistic designs.

      If we are speaking in-game then we could say that in Dark Souls there are magic dimensional pockets where our pg puts his/her objects (no I'm not talking about the bottomless box, I'm talking about the actual inventory and weapons swap).

      Getting back on track, even if Seath could reproduce, I think he would proabably used magic of some sorts to have a baby with Gwynevere. I'm pretty sure that she is just normally tall like Ciaran or a bit big as Artorias. Her illusion is actually too big to be an offspring of a giant, because giants aren't that big. And if it was...this brings again the question, how the hell would Gwyn and a giant reproduce?

      I think that the normal conclusion is that Priscilla is somehow the daughter of a giant of some sorts and Seath or just an experiment.

        Loading editor
    • Son?

        Loading editor
    • Of course. Everyone knows Priscilla is Gwyn's Firstborn Son.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah whatever, she might be male despite her voice and face LOL

        Loading editor
    • Gwyndolin was.

        Loading editor
    • I'd rather that she weren't, Gwyndolin being male was disturbing enough. (no offence to crossdressers, but yeah, that detail was rather creepy.)

        Loading editor
    • I'm sure you're qualified to judge other people like that...

        Loading editor
    • I never meant to judge anyone by saying that, I just genuinely find it odd that the devs would put such a character in there with such a flimsy excuse as "his powers were kinda girlish, so uh let's make him a crossdresser!"

        Loading editor
    • Androgyny and cross dressing has actually been around in all forms of Japanese media for a very long time, in video games and anime in particular, and has come to be a cliche, to be honest. You should find it odd if a Japanese video game doesn't contain at least one character along these lines.

        Loading editor
    • Really? Never seen a transgender in any console game as far as I remember. Maybe in Dragon Quest...

        Loading editor
    • It doesn't necessarily have to be a transgender, but speaking more broadly, a blur between the genders. The individual taking on a physical appearance or manner that is in contrast to what is generally perceived as "appropriate" for their gender. It could be as subtle as short hair on a girl or long hair on a guy - or just outright cross dressing, which is not fully accepted by the Japanese people as a "lifestyle", although male actors often took on the roles of females in kabuki theater, for example.

      Looking at more contemporary examples, Final Fantasy is full of such characters. Off the top of my head: Yuffie ("tomboy"), Laguna from FFVIII, the main playable character of FFXII (forgot the name), main character from IX (that monkey guy, although he is pretty much a ladies man, yet he has a somewhat feminine face and attire, a good example illustrating the distinction between androgyny and homosexuality) - a lot of this is subjective, but you get the idea.

      Perhaps I was exaggerating a bit in my previous post. just wanted to get across the idea that the concept of Gwyndolin is really not so far fetched, especially within japanese culture.

      But this is getting a bit off topic. I think I made my point.

        Loading editor
    • Daifukkatsu wrote:

      Looking at more contemporary examples, Final Fantasy is full of such characters. Off the top of my head: Yuffie ("tomboy"), Laguna from FFVIII, the main playable character of FFXII (forgot the name), main character from IX (that monkey guy, although he is pretty much a ladies man, yet he has a somewhat feminine face and attire, a good example illustrating the distinction between androgyny and homosexuality) - a lot of this is subjective, but you get the idea.

      I notice how you skim over the fact that during the course of FFVII, Cloud infiltrates a Don's home by dressing as a woman (and can actually go out of his way to play and look the part). He can actually Date Barrett or RedXIII during the Golden Saucer if neither Aeris or Tifa agree to. There was also several oppurtunities through the game for Cloud to take part in similarly messed up stuff. FFVII was really weird like that.

        Loading editor
    • Not to mention the antagonist weirdo wich everyone sees like a badass just because he has an epic boss music and a murasama 

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, I forgot about all that stuff with Cloud. Good point. I was aware that it was possible to go on a date with Barrett, but had no idea about Red XIII. Final Fantasy: pioneering the acceptance of bestiality? I also recall that there was an attempt to force Aeries to mate with Red XIII.

        Loading editor
    • Don't get me wrong, I love Final Fantasy VII. It still has a place of honor in my game collection. But some of the stuff in the game was just sooo messed up.

        Loading editor
    • This is a Lore Discussion Board of Priscilla in Dark Souls... can we not talk about other games, possibly?

        Loading editor
    • Yes, of course. I never intended to hijack the thread. My apologies.

      In case anyone here has not seen it, this is a (somewhat poorly) translated interview with Miyazaki Hidetaka. Among other things, they discuss the reason for why Priscilla did not have an associated covenant (starts at line 261). She was initially going to be the heroine, although they do not really elaborate on exactly what this entailed.

        Loading editor
    • This is by far the longest forum discussion on this wiki. It's like everyone is watching Jerry Springer find his way into dark souls so he can go around telling everyone "you are not the mother/father". We can't know for certain who the mother is unless the developers tell us because we don't know if she was even created by Seath for certain let alone by either experimentation or natural means. I don't think size of the mother really matters in regards to dusk because in the end we have to suspend our disbelief that a crystalized dragon with tenticles for a lower body somehow impregnated a human-like female of irregardless size. All we can know for certain is that she is half dragon and half something else and that the gods would not approve of her if they even know she exists. We can't even be sure if she is hiding in Ariamis of her own will or is locked away because she knows of the exit, but is she possibly held in the painted world by some curse or bond.

        Loading editor
    • its a dude!

        Loading editor
    • Along with all the stuff that was an attempt to kill the "gods" there seems to be a very likely chance that Pricsilla was hidden there to hide her from Seath if he is indeed the father (I still do not support this theory as some abino's in nature are sterile... then again Seaths magic... blah blah ramble stop now) Velka on the other hand has a greater stake in a halfbreed dragon capible of killing gods. Along with things like the black cleric set (Oswalds gear) and other such anti god materials. I would think a time honed lady of Pricsilla's stature and scythe wielding skills (this is an assumption based on the scythe being her preferred weapon type) magic of some sort (or special items) and an outright safe haven that she knows how to leave. 

      That not make sense to anyone else? She strait up chooses not to leave her home / prison / c.belt / whatever.

      That or ms Pricsilla does us the grand feature of letting us play the game before she 4th wall destroys everything.

        Loading editor
    • Well the "plank" could not work for her, who knows. And again, if she went outside she would have to face all those pesky guardians. I know she can become invisible, but she's rather huge, she'd hardly get out of that room where the painting is

        Loading editor
    • I'd plank her, if you know what I mean ;)

        Loading editor
    • Why would you hit her with a plank? She's done nothing wrong to you. See, this is why she has all those crow demon friends, to keep people like you away.

        Loading editor
    • You shuldn't take that literally. *MR Bean face*

        Loading editor
    • Here, another Theory:

      Seath was Lord Gwin's confident. He trusted the scaleless dragon so much that he made him a Duke and gave him a shard of his own lord soul before he went to link the flame. this implies a connection between the lords and Seath. as it is stated in Priscilla's soul description she was a bastard child. "bastard" means "a child born out of a marriage or righteus union". So I according to this facts I can conclude that Priscilla is Seath's and a God/Lord's child, due to her Height. and what lord is a female? Gwyn? Nito? Gwyndolin? no; Gwynevere. also, Priscilla is stark-white and so is Seath. I think Gwynevere and Seath had an "relationship" and the result was a bastard child that could hunt down gods. To house this power and protect the crossbreed Ariamis was tasked with painting the Painted world, where abominations such as the Phalanx and the crow demons could find safe keeping and protection from the world. Other objects that were dangerous to the gods like the dark ember and the dried fingers were also housed here. When you enter the painted world you use a "Pecular Doll" to access it. According to the description an "abomination" used to own the doll. So maybe the doll was a gift from Gwynevere to her bastard child before she was taken to the painted world. The doll appears dirty and mistreated because you find it in the Undead Asylum, a place dirty and unmantained.

        Loading editor
    • that is the thing about Dark Souls that I love most: the lore. From Software just kicks you into the world and lets you figure out the rest. And I'm Lovin'it.

        Loading editor
    • anyone considered Artorias and ciaran are the parents of Pricsillaa? Artorias's 'soul' animal is a wolf like a lion is ornsteins for e.g.  He is the same height as priscilla, and who knows what he's hiding under the cowl he may be a hybrid himself of wolf and man. and he was romantically involved with ciaran its speculated so maybe. and ciarans hair is whiteish blonde like pricsillas. she could have grown and fled to The painted world or commisioned it to hide from seaths interest or being hunter.

        Loading editor
    • 212.219.116.29 wrote: anyone considered Artorias and ciaran are the parents of Pricsillaa? Artorias's 'soul' animal is a wolf like a lion is ornsteins for e.g.  He is the same height as priscilla, and who knows what he's hiding under the cowl he may be a hybrid himself of wolf and man. and he was romantically involved with ciaran its speculated so maybe. and ciarans hair is whiteish blonde like pricsillas. she could have grown and fled to The painted world or commisioned it to hide from seaths interest or being hunter.

      Don't mean to be a killjoy but that is impossible. Priscilla is part dragon. And neither are dragons.

      Also while it's not confirmed whether or not character's souls can be "shaped" in certain manners depending on the owner's actions or personality; Artorias soul animal is not a wolf and Orns' is not a lion. They simply had a tame wolf and wore armor designed after a lion, respectively.

        Loading editor
    • I know I'll probably be stomping on some toes here, but honestly now that I think about it this whole "Priscilla is Seathe and Gwynevere's love child" theory just smacks of something one would find on fanfiction.net or something. I mean c'mon, there is not a shred of evidence that she's actually related to either of them, nor is there any evidence that they even knew she existed, let alone would've cared about her.

      Also like Matscon said earlier it's impossible for Artorias and Ciaran to be related to her since she's part dragon and there's no evidence that souls can be shaped or take forms. To elaborate on reasons why that wouldn't work, here's some.

      1. "Artorias' 'soul' animal is a wolf like a lion's is for ornstein's etc."- No... they have wolf and lion themes in their armor yes, but that doesn't mean they have 'soul' animals or anything like that, unless you're going to say that all creatures have soul animals?

      2. "under the cowl he may be a hybrid of wolf and man"- There is no evidence that such a race of beings exist, and Artorias had a wolf companion, that doesn't make him a werewolf or furry anymore than owning a dog would make you a weredog/furry. In short he was more than likely of the same race as Ciaran, Gwyn, and the other gods/giants.

      3. "and he was romantically involved with ciaran it's speculated maybe." Bad writing aside, I highlighted speculated because that's all it is, speculation. Ciaran may have just gone into Oolacile because she thought of Artorias as a friend who needed put to rest, nothing more.

      4. "and ciarin's hair is whitish blond like priscilla's."- Yes, and? I suppose because I have brown hair I'm the long lost bastard son of Charlie Sheen then since he also has brown hair?

      5."she could have grown and fled to the painted world or commisioned it to hide from seathe's interest or being hunted."- No... it's well known that she was imprisioned, implying that she didn't willingly enter The Painted world of Ariamis, if she were behind it's creation then the name would've been "The Painted world of Priscilla" and it's apparently a place for the gods to shut away anything that could harm them.

        Loading editor
    • to add to your theory:

      Ciaran's "golden stains of hair" are actually part of her mask.

      Artorias and Ciaran may have been in love, since Ciaran's diying dialog reads                          "My dear Artorias...". it is either that or she loved him as her superior (as an army grunt respects his sergeant.)

      ahh... Dark souls Lore strikes again...

        Loading editor
    • hmmmmmm, perhaps she was created because Seath did it with Velka, cuz the aged feather the emerald herald hold refers to Pricsy.

      so far we know nothing about the emerald herald, so im kinda curious to know more about her

        Loading editor
    • What if Velka is the mother and the Everlasting Dragon is her father? because, the dragon is fluffy, and no ones know the skin color of velka, thats why the gods (lords) put all of those creatures in the painted world, because, the everlasting dragon is the last of his kind all because the lords, and velka is the goddes of sin and hates the lords, thats why the dark emblem, the set, the rapier, and the statue is there, and no one know how was the painted world before priscilla has been put in there.

      PS: I used the translator because I don't know tooo much english hehe

        Loading editor
    • 24.20.170.66
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki