- Uncommon drop from Royal Sentinels and Darkwraiths.
- Guaranteed drop from certain Black Knights and Giants.
- One per playthrough can be obtained by trading a Rubbish with Snuggly the Crow.
- One can be found in a chest behind an illusory wall in the flooded section of New Londo Ruins, guarded by a Darkwraith.
- While in the Forest Hunter covenant, a number of Titanite Chunks may be obtained with a 10% chance of one dropping per victory against invaders.
Unlike Titanite Shards and Large Titanite Shards, Titanite Chunks cannot be purchased, making obtaining them significantly more difficult. They are required to ascend and upgrade weapons from +10 to +14, as well as ascension for standard weapons to Lightning and Crystal weapons, from +0 to +4. Titanite Chunks are also required to upgrade armor from +7 to +9.
- The Very Large Ember must be given to Andre of Astora in order to ascend/upgrade standard weapons using Titanite Chunks.