When cast, a toxic cloud is released in front of the caster, causing gradual Toxic buildup to foes that stand in it. Once contracted, Toxic causes 10 damage per second for the duration.
Buildup is static and is not affected by rings or spell buffs.
How to obtainEdit
In order to survive the trip inside the lava, there are many strategies that can be followed and even combined before venturing inside. The main idea is to slow down the loss of HP enough time, allowing the player to heal up and advance a bit further, repeating the process as many times as necessary until they have successfully gotten the item and returned to solid ground. Each time the player's health reaches half of the HP bar, they should heal.
Here is a small list with just a few strategies to survive:
- Wear all four individual armor pieces that each provide the best Fire resistance from all other armor collected so far.
- Make sure the character is in Lord of Cinder mode in order to have a larger HP pool, thus having more time and better chances to survive between heals.
- Cast Flash Sweat.
- Consume a Red Bug Pellet.
- Equip rings that provide useful effects, like:
- Equip gear that provide HP regeneration, like the Sun Princess Ring and the Ancient Dragon Greatshield.
- The virulent poison and young lady that Eingyi encountered are likely the blight pus and Quelaag's Sister, respectively.
| Acid Surge • Black Fire Orb • Black Flame • Black Serpent • Boulder Heave • Bursting Fireball • Carthus Beacon • Carthus Flame Arc • Chaos Bed Vestiges • Chaos Storm • Fireball • Firestorm • Fire Orb • Fire Surge • Fire Whip • Flame Fan • Flash Sweat • Floating Chaos • Great Chaos Fire Orb • Great Combustion • Iron Flesh • Power Within |
Profaned Flame • Profuse Sweat • Rapport • Sacred Flame • Seething Chaos • Toxic Mist • Warmth