Found in the Smouldering Lake, on a corpse in a lava pool located behind an illusory wall in a room with three Hound Rats in it. After the exit to the right in the hallway with the Smouldering Ghru, it will be down some stairs on the left-hand side and is found on the visible first corpse.
In order to survive the trip inside the lava, there are many strategies that can be followed and combined before venturing inside. The main idea is to slow down the loss of HP enough to allow the player to heal and advance a bit further, until they have successfully retrieved the item and returned to solid ground.
Possible survival techniques include:
- Wearing pieces of armor that each provide the best Fire resistance from all other armor collected so far.
- Making sure one is a Host of Embers in order to have a larger HP pool, thus having a better chance of surviving between heals.
- Casting Flash Sweat.
- Consuming a Red Bug Pellet.
- Equipping rings that provide useful effects, such as:
- Equipping gear that provides HP regeneration, like the Sun Princess Ring and the Ancient Dragon Greatshield.
When cast, a toxic cloud is released in front of the caster, causing gradual Toxic buildup to foes that stand in it. Once contracted, Toxic causes 10 damage per second for the duration.
Buildup is static and is not affected by rings or spell buffs.
- The virulent poison and young lady that Eingyi encountered are likely the blight pus and Quelaag's Sister, respectively.
| Acid Surge • Black Fire Orb • Black Flame • Black Serpent • Boulder Heave • Bursting Fireball • Carthus Beacon • Carthus Flame Arc • Chaos Bed Vestiges • Chaos Storm • Fireball • Firestorm • Fire Orb • Fire Surge • Fire Whip • Flame Fan • Flash Sweat • Floating Chaos • Great Chaos Fire Orb • Great Combustion • Iron Flesh • Power Within |
Poison Mist • Profaned Flame • Profuse Sweat • Rapport • Sacred Flame • Seething Chaos • Toxic Mist • Warmth