The school contained various faculties, each specializing in its own field. Some sorcerers studied in magical blacksmithing. These smiths only worked with high quality embers relating to magic, and rarely dealt in other types. Other sorcerers secretly worked with sound-based spells, and were known to never reveal themselves. Shadowy agents from the school were also available for hire, but were generally very expensive due to the nature of the spells they used. The magic swordsmen of Vinheim were another group, who specialized in spells that magically augmented their sword and shield. Magic swordsmen on special orders were granted access to powerful variants of spells to augment their greatshields.
Apprentices of the Vinheim Dragon School were considered full sorcerers once they acquired the Great Soul Arrow spell. The most accomplished sorcerers were granted powerful rings that bolstered their magical abilities. Some of these rings have been uncovered centuries later, and passed onto new owners. Big Hat Logan was a hugely renowned and accomplished sorcerer of Vinheim, and a royal member of Dragon School.
Most sorcerers at the school used a standard catalyst to cast their magic, however some sorcerers, such as Big Hat Logan, were able to strengthen their catalysts over time, due to extensive usage.
While Vinheim Dragon School was a renowned institution and instrumental in developing various magical spells, the more mystical and ancient sorceries prominent in the lost land of Oolacile were beyond them. It is believed the Vinheim Dragon School was eventually dissolved and reestablished at least a dozen times in the aftermath of Lord Gwyn's defeat by the Chosen Undead. The last known iteration of the school is thought to be the Melfian Magic Academy, in Melfia.
- Soul Arrow
- Heavy Soul Arrow
- Great Soul Arrow
- Great Heavy Soul Arrow
- Fall Control
- Magic Weapon
- Magic Shield
- Great Magic Weapon
- Strong Magic Shield
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Hush description.
- ↑ Moonlight Greatsword description.
- ↑ Large Magic Ember Description
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Dialogue with Rickert of Vinheim
- ↑ Black Sorcerer Hat description
- ↑ Fall Control description
- ↑ Magic Weapon description
- ↑ Strong Magic Shield description
- ↑ Great Soul Arrow description
- ↑ Lingering Dragoncrest Ring description
- ↑ Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring description
- ↑ Lingering Dragoncrest Ring (Dark Souls II) description
- ↑ Sorcerer's Catalyst description
- ↑ Logan's Catalyst description
- ↑ Cast Light description
- ↑ Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring (Dark Souls II) description