Weaponsmith Ornifex is a merchant found in Dark Souls II. She appears to be a Crow Demon from Dark Souls, but is not hostile to the player. Like Straid of Olaphis, she will sell the player boss soul weapons in turn for the corresponding boss' soul and a certain amount of souls (similar to the Giant Blacksmith from Dark Souls).
Ornifex is a Crow Demon blacksmith residing in an abode at the Brightstone Cove Tseldora. She uses her skills to create all manner of equipment using an ancient technique unique to her people taught to them by Seath the Scaleless. She reserves her art for a select few, but after being freed by the Bearer of the Curse, she will offer her services to repay her debt.
Health and SoulsEdit
Found in a locked room under the false floor just past the large Basilisk in the Shaded Woods. She is freed using the Fang Key. Once her dialogue is exhausted, she will move to her home next to the Lower Brightstone Cove bonfire in Brightstone Cove Tseldora.
Boss Soul TradesEdit
- Upon speaking to her in her workshop for the first time, she will let the player buy one boss weapon for free (the player still needs to give her the required boss soul). All boss weapons after that will be at regular price.
- Once you beat Nashandra, Ornifex will begin to sell unlimted Amber Herb.
- Weaponsmith Ornifex is voiced by Anna Koval.
- Ornifex means "Birdmaker" in Latin, which fits in the sense that she's a bird-like creature that creates weapons and statues, although the word would actually mean "one who makes birds".
- There are dozens of small statues inside her workshop, hinting the fact she creates more than weapons.