Found inside a chest in the Grand Archives, in a secret room behind a moving bookcase in the darkened room on the second floor, past the large vat with wax. The bookcase's mechanism is triggered by a lever within the same room.
While it has the same moveset as the other whips, with the proper stat investment this whip far outstrips the others, as well as having inherent elemental damage.
The weapon skill is of particular note, as it temporarily adds more Fire damage and uses a unique move that causes damage at short range upon initiation and ends with a long range attack that is longer than the whip's regular moveset. This is an ideal weapon choice for pyromancers, as the inherent investment that pyromancy damage requires meets the requirements of this whip.
While it is a very powerful weapon, it has all the drawbacks of the whip weapon class; no backstab and no riposte. However, it also cannot be parried. Furthermore, the moveset is slow and therefore this weapon is poor at trading damage with. A more strategic mindset is required to use this weapon effectively.
- Aside from its stat requirements, the connection to a Daughter of Chaos further cements this as an ideal weapon for pyromancers.
- This might be a reference to Quelaag, as she is the only Sister of Chaos whose hair we can see and it is black.
- The Flame Whip's range can be tricky for players to map down; as such, this is a useful weapon in PvP.
- Having the Fire Clutch Ring equipped increases the Fire damage of this weapon.
- Ideally equipped with a shield that performs weapon skills instead of parries, such as the Shield of Want.
|Level||Damage||Aux Effects||Stat Bonuses||Cost||Souls|
|+1||85/0/89/0/0||0/0/0||-/D/C/C||1 Twinkling Titanite||450|
|+2||91/0/95/0/0||0/0/0||-/D/C/C||2 Twinkling Titanite||630|
|+3||107/0/112/0/0||0/0/0||-/D/C/C||4 Twinkling Titanite||810|
|+4||120/0/126/0/0||0/0/0||-/D/C/C||8 Twinkling Titanite||990|
|+5||134/0/140/0/0||0/0/0||-/D/B/B||1 Titanite Slab||1350|
|Notched Whip • Spotted Whip • Whip • Witch's Locks|