The Wolf Knight's Greatsword is an exceptional greatsword in a single player playthrough. At maximum reinforcement, it deals heavy damage, an extra 20% damage toward enemies who originate from the Abyss, such as the Darkwraiths. Its skill has two special attacks that deal heavy damage: One that is a full 360° slash, and the other being a lunging attack where the user performs a downward slash, which makes most enemies become either stunned or knocked down. On the downside, both attacks have a long build-up time, making them very unreliable in PvP as the reaction time of most players is much faster than the animation.
However, it has unremarkable scaling, slow swing speed, and is one of the heavier greatswords in the game.
It also cannot be infused or enchanted by spells and items.
|Horizontal slash from right to left, followed by another slash from left to right if pressed once again.|
|Toss weapon over shoulder to gain momentum to launch a thrust attack, followed by a chargeable slash starting behind the player on their left ending on their right side.|
|Downward slash smashing the ground followed by a upward slash reaching overhead.|
|Slanted slash from down right to over the shoulder left, followed by a left to right slash similar to the second slash of the one handed strong attack but slightly higher (one hand will end in the ground while two handed does not).|
|Jump Attack||Small jump followed by a vertical smash to the ground.|
|Same as one hand jump attack.|
|Running Attack||Throws the blade behind the character back to perform a 360° spin attack.|
|Same move as the one hand run attack with a smaller recovery time after the attack.|
|Rolling Attack||Quick smash to the floor.|
|Same as the one hand roll attack.|
|Kick||Regular kick animation.|
|Non-chargeable version of the one hand second strong attack.|
- Deals increased damage to abyssal enemies.
- The Wolf Knight's Greatsword is the very same sword used by Knight Artorias, who was one of the Four Knights of Gwyn, the Lord of Cinder. It eventually came into the possession of the Abyss Watchers, who carry on the fallen knight's legacy.
- This weapon is the spiritual successor of the Majestic Greatsword, and by extension, the Abyss Greatsword, from the previous installments of Dark Souls.
- The Wolf Knight's Greatsword has a unique appearance among the variants of the Greatsword of Artorias, combining elements of all three variants found in Dark Souls.
- Unlike the Majestic Greatsword, this weapon does not posses a unique moveset when held in the off-hand.
Reinforced with Titanite Scale.
|Bastard Sword • Black Knight Sword • Claymore • Drakeblood Greatsword • Executioner's Greatsword • Firelink Greatsword • Flamberge • Gael's Greatsword • Greatsword of Judgment • Hollowslayer Greatsword • Moonlight Greatsword • Onyx Blade • Storm Ruler • Twin Princes' Greatsword • Wolnir's Holy Sword • Wolf Knight's Greatsword|