In order for her to appear, the player must draw out their true strength (level up) with Yoel and acquire all five Dark Sigils before reaching the Catacombs of Carthus. The next time the player visits Yoel's usual residing spot in Firelink Shrine, they will find him already dead while a dark figure observes from the shadows.
Upon presenting herself, Yuria reveals that Yoel was a most precious friend to her and thanks the Champion of Ash for allowing him to be redeemed through his actions while at their service, at which point she does the same, pledging allegiance to them and accepting them as her Lord and of all the hollows in Londor, in the hope that one day the Ashen One brings back its glory to the world.
Upon talking to her, the player will learn the "Dignified Bow" gesture and afterward she will inform about Orbeck of Vinheim causing much consternation among her people, as he has proclaimed himself to be "Lord of Hollows", asking the player if they can see into this matter. If the player kills Orbeck and brings back his ashes to her, she will bestow them the Morion Blade.
If the player completes Yuria's questline and "marries" Anri of Astora (and does not turn Yuria hostile anytime by either killing Yoel or by healing the Dark Sigil before the ceremony is complete), she will become available to summon for the final battle. If Yuria survives the encounter with the Soul of Cinder, her armor set and weapon will become available at Firelink Shrine.
If Yoel dies before the player can attain all five Dark Sigils, Yuria will disappear and the Londor Pale Shade will invade in the Farron Keep and Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. Upon defeating the Londor Pale Shade at both locations, the Pale Shade Set will appear at Firelink Shrine in the same area where Yuria and Yoel used to reside.
Conversely, if the player has not turned Yuria hostile, the Londor Pale Shade will become available for summoning in the aforementioned areas.
Yuria will disappear if Anri is killed at any time during the game.
Completing her questline unlocks the Usurpation of Fire ending.
Heavy Soul Arrow
|Click to see Dialogue (Contains Spoilers)|
- Yuria will become hostile toward the player if they heal their accumulated Dark Sigils at any time during the game, ending her questline.
- If the player does not engage in dialogue with her after healing their Dark Sigils, Yuria will remain in Firelink Shrine indefinitely.
- Her armor set, in particular, the helmet (but to some degree the gauntlets and leggings as well) are based on Bloodborne's "Cainhurst Set", one of the only armors that used metal in that game, and they too used katanas. The helmet of the Cainhurst set has a mask that has floral motifs a similar shape and silver hair in the back.
- Yuria always talks in the plural personal pronoun of the first-person. Always referring to her as "we", speaking on behalf of all the hollows that inhabit Londor.
- Despite being a servant of Kaathe, she believes the true face of mankind to be hollowed, though that results from the loss of humanity.
- Yuria shares names with Yuria the Witch, a character from Demon's Souls.
- Yuria wields the Darkdrift, a katana originally from Dark Souls 2, it too belonged to an NPC that delved in the shadows and spoke for Hollows.